Fall classes began September 8.
Schedule posted below.
Until further notice, all students over the age of 10 years old MUST wear a face mask while dancing in order to abide by the mask laws and mandates set by the state of Texas and the city of Corpus Christi.
Please see the new Safety Protocols below the schedule. All students attending class in-person MUST sign the COVID safety waiver prior to their first day of class. Please check your email to find the waiver.
Go online or call (361)739-5839 to register.
2020-2021 FALL SCHEDULE
*Please note the Friday & Saturday Company rehearsals are not up to date on the schedule below. Updated schedule coming soon. Company members, please consult your dancers choreographer if you have questions on rehearsal times.
CLASS COST (EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2020)
Avant Dance Covid-19 Protocols
- Perform symptom and temperature checks PRIOR to bringing your child to the studio. Children with a temperature above 100 degrees or experiencing symptoms must stay home. Any child who has been exposed to, or lives with, anyone experiencing symptoms must also stay home.
- Avant Staff will take each child’s temperature at drop off via a no touch thermometer. Any dancer with a temperature above 100 degrees will not be permitted inside the studio. Only students and Avant Staff will be allowed inside the studio. Students will not be allowed inside the studio prior to their scheduled class. *If you are early, please wait in your car to avoid congregating at the entrance.
- Parents will drop off & pick up at our outdoor registration point. No parents or guests will be allowed to use Avant’s restroom. This will help us reduce exposure to all adults.
- Students and staff will sanitize their hands upon entering the studio as well as before and after meal/water breaks.
- Face masks are required for all Avant staff and dancers. Due to the laws and mandates set forth by the state of Texas and Nueces County, students 10 & older are required to wear face coverings until further notice.
*Dancers are allowed to pull their mask down to their neck momentarily while dancing to make sure they can breathe easily. Please keep distance while your mask is down.
- Grip socks or dance shoes are required for in-studio participants, to be worn inside the studio only. No bare feet will be allowed. Please plan accordingly. The boutique will be open should you need to purchase dance shoes for your child.
- Place markers used in each room will be used to aid safe physical distancing. Please remind your children the importance of maintaining social distancing at all times. Avant Staff will follow a NO hands-on approach while teaching.
- Staff will be frequently sanitizing high-touch areas and equipment. A high volume spray sanitizer will be sprayed on the dance floor to disinfect. Hand sanitizer will be available to all students.
- Classes will end 5 minutes early to allow for transition time and to re-disinfect the room.
- If you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell in any way, please do not visit the studio. This applies to both students and Avant Staff. Symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Until further notice, use of the dressing room will not be permitted. Please arrive ready for class.
- If you or your child are not comfortable returning to in-studio classes, a Zoom option is always available. Please be patient with Avant Staff as they navigate teaching in-person and virtually simultaneously.
- A waiver MUST be signed by a parent or guardian before students are permitted to enter the studio. Please print and bring the signed waiver on your child’s first day of class. We will also have blank copies available at our outdoor check in. (One waiver per household required)